How Twitter connected me with wonderful human beings in 2018, happy me!



Folks, as 2018 is waving us goodbye, here’s what I’ve got to say before we welcome 2019.
Like so many girls of my age, I used to be so obsessed with the behavior of amplifying the visibility of everything I do thanks to a couple of social media networks which I’ve subscribed to. I’d spend hours posting photos on my Instagram and Snapchat accounts, post, post and post, without any moment of reflection on what exactly I sought to achieve with that emotion-daunting task I’ve imposed to my little innocent self.

That’s way back in 2015, a visionary girl, full of desires to explore the world of social media and what they can offer to that end. Facebook was not my thing then, my roommates were Snap and Insta, period. But slowly, as days were moving on and on, I discovered that I was in a total delusion, surrounded myself in the world of faking and fancy. As I became more matured, I knew that something had to change with the way I behave with the time-consuming social media. I can affirm it now, a sense of maturity that came with a strong desire to learn and jump in the knowledge bandwagon, opened up to me.

This was the time I had a revelation – if I can call it so -- on what works and what not for me. I can still remember that day when a new version of myself descended in me like a bombshell and catapulted me into doing things I could hardly imagined two years ago. That’s in 2017 when I took a decision to delete my Snapchat and replace it with Twitter.
I liked Twitter the very same day I joined it. With a simple sentence, one can ignite a conversation that can unfold to an unimaginable ends, all of which is interesting. Apart from pumping your brain with new knowledge, the social media giant also exposes one to a myriad of connections that it could take one ten to twenty years to make without the app’s help.  
  
As the year 2018 comes to an end today, I must admit that it has been a blessing one for me for at present there are more than 10,000 people following me on Twitter of which, admittedly, I cannot mention them all here. But here are some of the most amazing people that Twitter led me to in 2018 and I found their meetings with me the most rewarding thing that I can ever come across with in my life. Not that these people did anything to me but what strikes a chord with me is their ability to remain original and stand their grounds no matter what circumstances they may be going through.

That’s a lot of inspiration for me as a girl still looking for what life is and how I can position myself to that definition so as to nurture my destiny.


Zitto kabwe (@zittokabwe)
Togolani Mavura (@tonytogolani)
Carol Ndosi (@CarolNdosi)
Masoud Kipanya (@masoudkipanya)
Maria Sarung Tsehai (@MariaSTsehai)
Idris Sultan (@IdrisSultan)
Kiduo Mgunga (@KiduoM)
Salim Alkhasas (@salim_alkhasas) 
Mabloo FC (@MablooFC)
Lubasha Jr (@MarekaMalili)
Bill Marwa (@billmarwa)
Dr. Joachim Mabula (@DrMabula)
Magiri (@Kiganyi_)
Tanganyikan (@Tanganyikan)
Khalifa Said (@RealKhalifax)
Visencia Fuko (@Vicenzamaria)
Kamala Dickson (@ItsKamala)
Chukua Hatua Team (@ChukuaHatua)
Temidayo (@Temidayo_qm)
Willium Anderson (@willynationtz)
Rockline  Kingu




As we are approaching the year 2019, I’d like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to each of the above individuals and many others. With deep respect, I thank you for keeping on supporting other young people like me and may God bless you in 2019 seven times seventy so that you can continue to touch more lives of other people.

“I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.”
-Helen Keller
Rahma Mwita is the CEO of Open Youth Opportunities, a local non-profit organization established with the purpose of bringing opportunities from around the world close to youths of Tanzania. She is passionate about youth’s development and a champion of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

5 comments :

5 comments :

  1. Thank you for this piece. Reminds me to be grateful to my circle. Also, the piece has introduced me briefly to OYO. Looking forward to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rahma, This is well written. 👏Happy new year, 🤗.. i hope I'm gonn make into that list in 2019☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idont know what to say but stay blessed , am humbled !

    ReplyDelete